Thursday 3 October 2013

Descriptive essay: Dinner Buffet in Headland Hotel

Dinner Buffet in Headland Hotel

Seeing through the car window, I saw a plane taking off from the airport and flew up to the sky. Driving the car, my mum speeded up on the way to Headland Hotel where we had our dinner buffet to celebrate older sister’s birthday. I look forward to this buffet for a long time.

Stopping the car at the car park, we entered the hotel passing through a glass door. Running water sound flowed from a small waterfall into my left ear. Water spurted from the top of a two-floor height rectangular rod and then streamed down in a stair shape. Going up the stairs which surrounded the water fountain, cool droplets fell on my skin and cleaned up my mind, getting prepared for buffet in the restaurant on first floor.

A man in waiter’s dress, wearing a black shirt and trousers was standing at the reception of a restaurant offering seafood buffet. “This restaurant only reserves tables to people working in Cathay Pacific.” My sister, worked as a flight attendant, told us and confirmed the booking. Following the waiter, we walked on an orange carpet to our sofa seat, facing the full height glass panel with a garden view. High ceiling height, light color painted wall, soft piano music and an open garden view created a cozy place for our feast. Salad bar located at the center with tables of seafood in shell, dessert counter, sashimi keeping fresh on ice, meat in silver containers surrounding it.

I caught a dish and picked some salad vegetable like lettuce, spinach, arugula and a small tomato using a pair of pincers, followed by adding some salad vinegar and olive oil onto it. However, the sour salad made me feel thirsty and I regretted adding too much vinegar on it.

“Spider crab is the best food here!” my sister came back with a dish of spider crab legs with length, which were as long as my arm. Opening the shell with a pair of scissors, snow white crab meat exposed as a treasure and I could not resist eating it. Rich flavor of crab meat fully filled my mouth and I swallowed the meat smoothly through my throat. It was really the most delicious crab I had eaten.

After finishing the cold dishes, my favorite food, roast leg of lamb, became my next target. Soaked in mint gravy, dipping into Dijon mustard, I then put the meat into my mouth and the smell of sheep went round and round. Every bite on the lamb spread aroma, staying and squeezing through my teeth. This delicious enjoyment continued when, with chewing roast prime rib eye beef with my molars. Together with red wine sauce, beef gravy released from the crushed meat, going down and lubricating my throat.

Looking at my digital watch, a number “9” had just appeared at the left hand side of the colon. I hit slightly on my swelled tummy and waited my mum to pay the bill which was only $198 per head. We left the restaurant, went down stairs and got back to the car with a feeling of fullness.


No comments:

Post a Comment